New Lion

njones at ix.netcom.com njones at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 27 09:51:57 PDT 1997

Mistress Clare wrote:
> What no one else said about Warlord is that Their Majesties awarded the
> Lion to Baron Edwin FitzLloyd.  It was very well-deserved and
> well-received.

Eeek!  How could I have forgotten to mention it?!

It was a wonderful moment, announced between the two laurel
ceremonies.

The Laurels were called up for Caitlin's ceremoney, and then were
dismissed.  This caused great confusion amongst the populace, we
assumed that the two laurels were going to be done one after the
other.  A comment was made "What are they going to do now?  An AOA?"
[insert laughter]

When the Lions were called, an amazed *gasp* and twitter started
going around the audience.

Before the herald had finished saying Baron Edwin's name, a
roar of yelling and applause started and continued for about
five minutes!  Wonderful timing on Their Majesties part.

Vivat Baron Edwin FitzLloyd, Lion of Ansteorra!

Gio.