Peers and students...

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu May 29 08:07:53 PDT 1997

> From zkr26 at ttacs1.ttu.edu Thu May 29 10:02:29 1997
> Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 09:50:24 -0600 (CST)
> From: Lisa Carter <zkr26 at ttacs1.ttu.edu>
> Subject: Re: Peers and students...
> To: ansteorra at eden.com
> Cc: ansteorra at eden.com
>
> I was informed that it was not until recently (5 years ago) that Laurals
> started to take apprentences.  Had Knights always taken squires or is
> that new also.
>
> Learning to Serve the Dream,
>
> Kayleigh Drake
> Baroness of Bonwicke
> The Western Region of Ansteorra

Well, there was a squire at the first backyard tournament who performed so well
that he was knighted at that event.

As far as taking personal students, granting the red belt, calling him squire...
I have no idea. I'll have to check some of my old mimeographed TI's and look for
the first mention of a squire for a clue.

Sorry I couldn't be more informative.

Yers,

Sir Gunthar Jonsson                      "It is better to lose well than
Kingdom of Ansteorra                               to win badly."

              ()
              ()