Demo in Brad Leah

CBBike at aol.com CBBike at aol.com
Fri May 30 18:21:21 PDT 1997

Consider the gauntlet thrown!
   It was once said that the fighters of Ansteorra were the best in the
Known World. In times of late some have called this into question. The
days of great chivalry and great fighters are over they say.
      If any woman or man be brave enough to prove their worth then hie
ye to the Tourney on the Green. On the seventh day of June 1997 in the
shaded glens of Lucy Park, the Shire of Brad Leah does hereby challenge
you to appear. And to prove to all the world that we are the best we
have invited the public and local media to witness and document the
bravery and chivalry of our fighters.
   We will be having both heavy and light competitions and with Chivalry
being the word for the day, fighters must have a lord or lady to
champion in the fights. Prizes are a live steel broadsword for the heavy
and  decorated buckler and fighting cloak for the light winners. Ladies
and Lords do not forget the favors for the fighters.
          Artisans, do not think you are free and clear, we also would
offer you the chance to prove that fighting is not the only greatness we
are known for. An opportunity for you to display to the world the
variety of talent we have is being offered. Bring your best to show.
Prize will be offered for Best of Show. Bards, dancers, drummers please
come and perform.Prize for the best crowd pleaser.
          Lucy Park offers a large area of wooded walking trails along
the banks of the Wichita river. There is a large playground for the
smalls and a waterfall and duck pond within walking distance.
    The Shire of Brad Leah is offering a light potluck dinner of shish
kabobs and rice pilaf with plenty of lemonade, tea, and water throughout
the day. Please come and lend us your beauty in this endeavor for
atmosphere is important.