MOA

Michael Heydon Marrock at msn.com
Fri May 30 09:10:55 PDT 1997

I am a student to Master at Arms Daniel Blackaxe.  As I understand it, anyone
can swear the oath of fealty to the king, yet a Master at Arms, by its
definition implies he swears oath of fealty to his weapons and the use of his
weapons.  Masters don't HAVE to swear oath of fealty, but the may if they
wish.  Daniel started as a Knight, but a very few already wearing 'belts'
threw a fit.  Duke Michael ask for Daniel's belt back, as Daniel stood by his
king he returned his white belt without hesitation, upon doing so, Duke
Michael made Daniel a Master at Arms with no regard to Daniel's mundane life
(mundane beliefs being what Burke eluded to).

As a Master at Arms, you may interrupt court without permission also.

A baldric hangs over the shoulder, and was used to help carry the weight of a
sword.  Baldric wearers believe the knights wish us to wear them, for if a
baldric is not secured well, it might slip off the shoulder down around the
arm helping to entangle our sword arm allowing the knights the 'in' to strike
a blow (GRIN).

What is the difference between a Knight and a Master of Arms?
that they wear a white baldric (I'm not sure what that is either) instead of a
Llygoden Llwyd