ANST - Aten Law, Then and Now

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Nov 6 05:39:01 PST 1997

I assume that these have already been ratified, but I thought I'd
comment. *grin*

Always remember that if someone can misconstrue something, they will.

Dennis and/or Dory Grace said something that sounded like:
> The new Aten laws state:

Btw, what happened to B?

>>C.  Statute is law that has been proclaimed at a published event and
>>published in the Southwind with the signatures of two successive Crowns and
>>the Kingdom Seneschal.

Which Kingdom Seneschal if there are two? Both? Either?

>>Statute requiring immediate attention is law that
>>has been proclaimed at a published event and published in the Southwind
>>with the signature of the Crown, The Kingdom Seneschal, and approved by 2/3
>>of the Landed Nobility. Each Barony shall provide a single opinion to the
>>Crown and the Kingdom Seneschal in favor of against the proposed law.

Now this would amaze me. *grin*

Btw, I don't like the wording. 2/3 of the Landed Nobility, but it states
that each "Barony shall provide a single opinion". Note the the Landed
Nobility may not be of the same opinion as the "Barony". As well, how
does one get a single opinion out of the group? After all, there are
those amongst us who feel it their duty and/or right to counsel the Crown.

NOTE: It states nothing about the peerages being allowed a voice. Therefor
I would assume they have to be counted as the "Barony" voices.

>>D.  Proclamation is law that has been proclaimed at a published event by
>>the King or Queen. It is law for the duration of the event.

So these can conflict with or effect Kingdom Statues?

>>E.  Edict is a regulation concerned with certain matters, which is
>>announced at a published event and subsequently published in the Southwind
>>with the signatures of the Crown. It cannot conflict with, nor effect,
>>Kingdom Statutes.. An edict will remain in force for the duration of the
>>reign.

Personally I'd rewrite these last two as.

D.  Proclamation is law that has been proclaimed at a published event by
    the King or Queen. It is law for the duration of the event. It cannot
    conflict with, nor effect, Kingdom Statutes.

E.  Edict is a regulation concerned with certain matters, which is
    Proclamation and subsequently published in the Southwind with the
    signatures of the Crown. An edict will remain in force for the
    duration of the reign.

*shrug*

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "What about your Gods?
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   They're Defective!