ANST - Patent of Arms

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 10 14:11:58 PST 1997

At 01:00 PM 11/10/97 -0600, you wrote:
>While I'm certain that Daniel didn't mean to insult, I agree with Sir
>Barn's sentiments. I know that as a member of the Chivalry, I prize
>honor and chivalry before any victory. I also earnestly strive for
>historical authenticity and gentlemanly behavior. Furthermore, I know
>that my brothers and sisters in chivalry all do also strive for all of
>these things. Were we simply mega-stickjocks - a name that
>inadvertently implies backwards knuckle draggers or pure athletes - we
>would ignore all of these finer ideals and goals in favor of victory.
>That is simply not the case.

 Baron of Bryn Gwlad, KSCA, BCA, OSM, ST, ST, SC,
>LION, ASAP, PDQ,
>	VIP, SNAFU, NASA, IRA, IRS, CIA, FBI, TGIF, AFAIK, IIRC, BTW, IMHO, and
not to mention BVDs ;^>

Being the Lady of one of the aforementioned "mega-stick-jocks" I take no
offense from this (except that it offends others) and my lord, as many of
you will agree, has *never* been a "stick-jock" of any kind (armor-junky,
yes, stick-jock, no 8^>).  I saw the "mega" to include all of the attributes
one should seek to possess as a member of the chivalry, nay, any peerage.
(So a laurel could be a mega-artist?) Truth be known, some of our finest
knights were once just "stick-jocks" and have transcended that level; that's
why they're now knights!  However, there are some knights who were, and
always will be, stick-jocks (I know you're out there saying, "Who Me?
Never!" puff-puff)!  Perhaps a more relevant argument should be that this
was in there purely for humor's sake?  I laughed and I know that no small
number of you laughed.

But, even more pertinent is the fact that Daniel apologized and so has made
it all purely academic.

Are we having fun yet, Toto?

Catherine