ANST - Patent of Arms

Michael Peters shdwstel at telepath.com
Mon Nov 10 16:13:47 PST 1997

Martin, Brian wrote:

> While I'm certain that Daniel didn't mean to insult, I agree with Sir
> Barn's sentiments. I know that as a member of the Chivalry, I prize
> honor and chivalry before any victory. I also earnestly strive for
> historical authenticity and gentlemanly behavior. Furthermore, I know
> that my brothers and sisters in chivalry all do also strive for all of
> these things. Were we simply mega-stickjocks - a name that
> inadvertently implies backwards knuckle draggers or pure athletes - we
> would ignore all of these finer ideals and goals in favor of victory.
> That is simply not the case.
>
>  I write this not directly to Daniel - as I wrote earlier, I'm sure
> that he didn't mean to offend - but rather in defense of the heavy
> community in general. While we are far from perfect, neither are we
> uncouth cave men and I for one have heard too many inferences to that
> effect to let them continue to go by unanswered.
>
> Most Sincerely,
>
> Pendaran Glamorgan, Baron of Bryn Gwlad, KSCA, BCA, OSM, ST, ST, SC,
> LION, ASAP, PDQ,
>         VIP, SNAFU, NASA, IRA, IRS, CIA, FBI, TGIF
>
> ----------

Penpuppy wrote (sorry, I know he hates that. Sir Pendaren Glamorgan
wrote),

  Backwards knuckle draggers would ignore ideals and goals in favor of
victory. Now I'm certain no offense was intended. Pendaren is always a
most polite individual but Knuckle draggers do value ideals and goals.
We just would rather hear the meaty thuuunk! of rattan on tender flesh
than exchange courtesies on Renaissance garb. (should that have
cartridge pleats?)

Yours in service to Ansteorra always,

Lord Mykaru (many enemies! KILL! KILL! KILL!) Kurodachi