ANST - What I learn in

Wed Nov 12 07:40:16 PST 1997

>It has been my experience that
>history teachers don't want students to dispute their claims or ask them
>for evidence of what they say is the truth.  It can have a negative impact
>on your grade.
>
>Scipio Gump

Try average history instructors.  I was fortunate to have one of the
youngest full professors of history at the University of Oklahoma many
years ago.  He enjoyed debate and dispute, especially when the students
argued points among themselves.

Unfortunately, I am certain my experience was the exception rather than
the rule.

Bear