ANST - Kingdom A&S...

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:56:28 PST 1997

---stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:
> Heilsa Good Cousin Aquilanne and all True Ansteorrans...
> Kief here...dabbling around in HL Lorraine's account.....again.

Amra blathering from here.

> **snipped**
> >> On the other
> >>  hand, other items had several pages of documentation
> >>  regarding the topic at hand and was way too much
> >>  information for some. (ie. me) I don't know
> >>  if this is done or possible, but I think it would
> >>  be a good idea to give people guidelines for how to
> >>  document what they are displaying.
> >Once again, this was just because we've not yet had a
> >chance to standardize criteria yet, but we're working
> >on it too!
> Here's a (small) thought... What about two tier documentation?
> A "short" form for general fast scan, and the "long" form for
> depth and detailed perusal?

"Abstract" and "article" presentation format, IOW.

> <clipped>
> >>I just think the highlights of this should be written down.
<SNIIPPPEEEEEDDDDD>
> >Someone made a suggestion of writing down highlights
> >during conversations with entrants (sorry, I don't
> >remember who right now; who suggested it?); I
> >very much like this idea and will incorporate it next
> >time I judge face-to-face.

Or encourage the entrant to take notes as you are speaking, perhaps.

> Hmmmmm....what about a "Proceedings" as is done in Heraldic
> and Scribes Symposia? Any research papers, excellent
> documentation w/pictures, transcribed verbal notes, and
> overall highlights of the different aspects of the
> competition.

As much as I love this concept otherwise, a few concerns:
who edits? who puts up front money and benefits from any (paper)
profits? how is distribution handled for post-event compilations?

what are the reasonable limits on paper lengths (my "primary"
research paper is over 40 pages single-sided and still growing
currently, most of the usable extracts from it would be 10+ in
manuscript form)?

how does the documentation with photos get replicated in usable /
non-muddy form (photocopies of color photos seldom satisfy...)?

Technical problems can no doubt be resolved one way or another.
Keeping the resultant document priced within reason could prove to
be a challenge.

> ~~trimmed~~
<and SNIPPED>
> After reading many of the posts on K-A&S I feel that I
> missed a really great event!

Sure sounds like it from my seat!

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com