ANST - Breast trauma and cancer -- Medical literature search

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 6 06:28:48 PST 1997

At 10:14 PM 11/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
>good heavy sport bra for comfort (??). For large-breasted women, they
recommended >good support that lifts and separates. Someone on this list
said that separate cups >was a no-no. [I would be interested to know why she
said that.]

I was referring to **hard** cups, like  plastic fencing cups (which are
great for fencing), not bra cups.  The reason is very simple, if you get
struck on a  hard cup -- and this is documented -- depending on the angle,
much worse damage can be done to your breast than just hitting it with a
rattan sword, including lacerations (usually a sideways blow), severe
bruising and other damage to underlying structures (usually a direct hit on
the cup).

Yes, in all sports, a medium- to large-breasted woman should wear a sports
bra with fitted cups, for a variety of reasons, I am sorry if I gave the
impression otherwise.

Catherine Harwell
|N. Bradford-Reid              |"If you want to inspire confidence, |
|Air Force ROTC Detachment 825 |*give plenty of statistics*.  It    |
|The University of Texas       |does not matter that they should be |
|AD-4NA at mail.utexas.edu        |accurate, or even intelligible, so  |
|Phantom CAP SQDN 42352        |long as there is enough of them."   |
|A-1 Skyraiders Association    |                  Lewis Carroll     |