Mundane Politics (was: Re: ANST - Educational view)

Carl Hess cjhess at uai-unger.com
Tue Nov 11 09:17:23 PST 1997

> Catherine wrote:
<snipped>

> concluded.  I'm not one of these who thinks you ought to bow to the empty
> thrones everytime you pass them, but when they're occupied...

I whole-heartedly agree.  I feel that respect for the crown is of utmost
importance.  The ceremony of court is one of our most important traditions.
 As Confuscious said (paraphrase, as I don't read Chinese), That which
separates civilized man from the barbarians and animals is the use of
ceremony.  The ceremony itself has power, and in order for it to retain
that power, the ceremony must be observed.

Scipio Fu