ANST - My impressions of Kingdom A&S...

MstrssMara at aol.com MstrssMara at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 13:46:01 PST 1997

Greetings,

> Another was, from what I partially saw, was that lots of judges seemed
>    to give verbal commentary and not written. I would be quite useful to
>    the student of the art to actually have some of the information
>    transfered to be written down so they can refer to it again later.

Speaking as one of the judges............

The way I tried to judge was sit and talk to the entrant & offer written
commentary.  That way I could ask questions that may not be covered in the
documentation.  Also talking to the entrant gives me a feel for how
comfortable they are interacting with me and how they take the critque of
thier entry.  I would much rather be able to show an entrant something about
their work right then.  Writing it down sometimes loses something in the
translation.  "See this solder joint....you can fix it by .....".  I agree
that written commentary is very helpful and needed.

This is just my opinion.........

Mara