ANST - Land funds...

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 18 07:52:04 PST 1997

Salut, Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Baron Pendaran sez:
>I think that the idea of a land fund, and indeed some day actually
>purchasing land, is an enticing one. However, I question just how
>realistic the idea is. Any thoughts?

I hate to be the spoiler here, but...
I think every kingdom eventually gets around to establishing a land
fund--usually several times--but to little avail.  The problem is one of
upkeep costs.  A few year ago when Atenveldt's Estrella War was the second
largest event in the SCA, even the income from that huge event wasn't
enough to buy and maintain a plot of land large enough to run the war.
Thus, I am at a loss as to what would be necessary to provide the income to
support such a purchase.

Considering the number of land funds that various groups have established
throughout the Knowne World over the past thiryt-something years, does
anyone know of any success stories?

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Dennis Grace