ANST - Dance Videos

dssweet at okway.okstate.edu dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Nov 18 10:22:29 PST 1997

Jovian wrote:

>I know I would love to dance at events. Unfortunately I live a fair
>distance from most of my shire and my freetime is rare (surprise,
>surprise) Are there videos out there to learn dances from. Maybe
>they're not the best teachers, but I know I have "learned" several
>dances only to forget a few days later. Maybe videos could refresh
>what is taught at events. I for one would like to see a few more dance
>symposia.

Yes, there are three videos available that I know of.

#1 - You can get one of them from Chivalry Sports. It's on English
Country Dancing by Master Giles Hill of Sweetwater.

#2 - The next tape available is on Italian Renaissance Dancing. It's by
Julia Sutton and through Princeton Book Co., at $44.95.  The title is
"Il Ballarino," and the steps and dances are from Caroso and Negri.
There are three dances, step illustrations, iconography from the period,
and her comments.

#3 - Also English Country Dancing, but it's children dancing. I'm not
sure where it's from.

Estrill