ANST - Field Personnas?

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Oct 3 06:42:30 PDT 1997

> Carl Hess wrote:
> > Remaining true to your period regarding armor and weapons, *and* being
> > competitive or even excelling on the list and war field -- can it be done?
>
> I think Don Robin is doing it, among others.
> Also (as I think further along.)
>
> Hrabia Jan
> Hrabia William Miesko (Bear)
> Sir Galen Nicoli
> Sir Asahd (Outlands)
> Sir Richard ap Morgan
> Sir Emrys Shannon
>
> Crandall

Excuse me but where do you feel that these fighters remain true to their period
armor and weapons?  With the exception of Sir Asahd, whom I do not know, these
fighters fight in basic Ansteorran legal.  None of these good knights wear armor
or use weapons that indicate their personna or are even particularly period.

If you are simply indicating successful fighters, okay, I'll buy that. But I
feel your list has nothing to do with the original question.

I think that some examples of fighters who are successful but also remain true
to their personnas as far as weapons and armor would include:

Earl Sir Brion Thornbird (Caid)
Duke Sir Steingrim (An Tir)
Duke Lloyd von Eaker
Duke Cariadoc of the Bow (East, Middle)
Earl Sir Seoseigh (Trimaris)
Ritter Dietrich
Sir Daffydh
(Soon to be Sir) Alarik Kanan

These and others wear armor and fight with the weapons of their personnas. You
can tell who and what they are just when they walk upon the field.

This wasn't meant to be as harsh as it sounds but I was simply confused on your
criteria.

No offense meant.

Yers,

Gunthar