ANST - Re: ANST-Field Personnas?

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 3 22:14:52 PDT 1997

Salut, mes Cosyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Lord Stefan posts Master Ioseph's:
>The absolute best armour I ever saw was (is?) used by Sir Gaston, late
>of Atenveldt and now being annoying over in Caid.
>He walked out on the field in a most gorgeous Cavalier outfit, and put
>on his helm. His opponent goggled at him, and then walked over to ask if
>he had on *any* armour at *all.*
>Gaston rapped his sword over his whole body with satisfying -thunk-
>sounds....he had sewn plates under the beautiful Cavalier!

Yep.  ABS plastic plates.  I've not only seen the suit, I have it on video;
Sir  Gaston wore it for the ESPN segment on Estrella War a few years back.

For anyone still having trouble reaching diGrassi's _True Arte of Defense_
via the long URL I posted, try going through the SCA page at
http://www.sca.org and selecting the Combat Arts link.  Then select the
_Primary Resources for the study of Duelling and Fencing_ link.  One of the
first links listed on the resulting page is _diGrassi_.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin