ANST - Field Personnas?

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Oct 3 12:30:22 PDT 1997

.

>    I understand the "8th century Celt vs. 12th to 14th century European
> persona" thing.  I think if you had a early Pict personna hte loin cloth
> would not be considered enough armor to wear on the field.

Well, with some imagination you could make a fair attempt at what a Pictish
warrior might have pict (ha!) up.

Take a roman style helm, no shirt, bare minimum highly decorated kidney belt,
Romanesque bracers which conceal the elbow cops, rope-tied stripey pants
covering the knee cops and brogans. Apply lovely swirls of woad to any exposed
area. You may also keep the vambraces the light brown natural color and paint
them with blue swirls. From a distance you could appear bare-armed and decorated
with the woad.

Not a true Pict but does have that "feel".

>                                    Faramond Darkfox

Yers,

Gunthar