ANST - Award recommendation issues..

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:43:50 PDT 1997

---Burke McCrory <bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us> wrote:
> This is how some shires have local awards that are only
> recognized in the shire.

Attention, Mooneschadeen! Ancient Shire History Alert!

For example, the Shire-Cord of Moonshadow was established as just such
a non-armigerous recognition. I only *know* that particular example to
have been presented once, and as I recall we were roundly trounced by
the kingdom hierarchy for doing so.

Some things are BETTER today than they used to be...

(Think I've even got one or two of the Cord prototypes that were not
given in my possession...kept 'em as a reminder, one might say.)

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle / Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra /
Mike C. Baker       F.O.B. (Friend Of Blackfox)
My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!

> At 12:00 PM 10/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Lorraine wrote:
> >> Forgot about local non-armigerous.  There are a few smaller
groups
> >> who have them too.
> >
> >According to Corpora, groups without ruling nobles aren't allowed
> >to give "awards".  This is the same Corpora that says only the
> >Crown can give armigerous awards, and see how we obey *that*.
> >See previous message about "The Crown doesn't give a pile of toasted
> >moose doots ...".  You can look at them as just group appreciation
> >tokens -- nothing wrong with giving free recognition.
> >
> >About baron/esses giving their armigerous branch service awards,
> >> I believe it is actually written in law somewhere.
> >
> >Last kingdom law I saw didn't have it.
> >

> Kingdom Law and Corpora grant the right to establish and give any
> armigerous awards only to the Crown.  The Crown can delegate the
power to
> hand out awards in it's name the same way it can grant other
portions of
> its power as needed (example; due to very bad weather neither the
Crown nor
> the Heirs were able to get to Wiesenfeuer's baronial creation, so it
> delegated the power to Duke Mikael in its absence).  The custom in
the
> Kingdom of Ansteorra is that Barons and Baronesses are used to give
out
> awards grant level and below when the crown can't be there in
person.  The
> official baronial award is by law only able to be given out with the
> approval of the Crown.  The custom is however that the crown grants
the
> privilege to the Baron/ees to give out the official baronial award
without
> consulting with them first.  Not every Crown has allowed this
however, it
> is something that can change from one reign to another.  Anyone can
make up
> an award Shire, Household, ever several different Baronial awards
but they
> are not recognized by or announced in the Court of the Crown of
Ansteorra.