ANST - Bryn Gwlad middle eastern dance competition

mirrim at texas.net mirrim at texas.net
Fri Oct 10 12:47:43 PDT 1997

Greetings from Lady Suvdchin of the Moritu to all Dancers:

I just want to take a few moments to explain what I have in mind for
the Bryn Gwlad Baronial Faire Middle-Eastern Dance Contest.  	First
off, there are two categories, based on experience.  One is for
beginners, those who have been dancing for a year or less.   The
other category is for anyone who has been dancing for more than a
year.   Lady Myfanwy has donated a belled  belt as the prize for the
beginners category and I have donated a tasseled belt for the
advanced category. 	The Judges will be myself,  Lord  Alaric Styrr
called Tuh-Tahl and Baroness Katherine Sommerfield.  I have been
dancing for about 9 years and Lord Alaric is a drummer as well as
being a dance connoisseur.  What we are looking for is not only your
technical skill as a dancer  but also how much the audience is drawn
in to your performance.  Or to put it simply, how much fun are you
and the audience having. 	I will have available a portable
CD/Cassette player for those who prefer canned music.  There will
also be drummers on site if you wish to dance to live music.  If you
want to use canned music please let me know whether or not the
drummers can play along so I can inform them.

If you have any questions, please contact me at mirrim at texas.net  or
my phone is (512) 282-8572.  Hope to see you all dancing soon.