ANST - (DRAFT) Kingdom Law

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Sun Oct 12 20:30:50 PDT 1997

Greetings!

I was just going over the proposed new laws and had some questions.....

 Article V, Sec 1(events) 3. says  "There shall be three classes of "Society
Events" in the Kingdom of Ansteorra...
3.1- A Kingdom Calender Event shall be defined as a gathering sponserd by an
offically recognized branch of the kingdom which is listed in advance on the
Offical Kingdom Calender of Events in the Kingdom newsletter, and for which
the date, time, and place have been published,* for free*, in advance in the
Kingdom newsletter, and which has one or more duly warrented officers
present and responsible for the conduct of the event.

3.2- A Regional Calander Event shall be defined as a gathering sponsored by
three or more recognized branches of the kingdom(snip .. same as kingdom event)

3.3 A Local Calander Event shall be defined as a gathering by an offical
recognized branch of the Kingdom which is* not* listed on the Offical
Kingdom Calender of Events in the Kingdom newsletter or given a free ad in
the Kingdom newsletter but which has been listed in advance in a newsletter
of an offically recognized branch , in which the date, time, place have been
published, and which has one or more duly warrented officers of the
sponsoring branch present and responsible for the conduct of the event.

Ok, first question is.... Does that mean that all the local( one group)
events do NOT get a free ad in the BlackStar?

Secondly. In Article VII (Courts) Sec 2 (Royal Court) #3 it says...."Courts
at which Awards conferring Rank or Precedence are bestowd, Officers
Invested, or other matters of long term significance occur, as defined in
Copora II.B, must be conducted only at Kingdom or Regional Calender Events."

Ok, next question.. Does that mean you cant give(or get) even an AOA at a
local event? If so, by the definition of Regional events, we have none on
the calender, that I know of, sponsered by three or more groups,  so only
Kingdom events currently can have a Royal court that gives awards??
(I know these rules are Draft only, I'm just extrapolating a little)

in an inquisitive mood , i remain ......
timo
darnedfashionablefeelprivaledgedtobealefty