ANST - ECS ?! Empire of Chivalry and Steel

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Oct 13 07:25:59 PDT 1997

--

> While going about our fair Kingdom I have ran upon a group that threw me
> for a loop. The similarities were so close. The part that got my
> attention was their Principality Device. It consisted of a gold crown
> over a gold star on a field of black. Their crown had four stars instead
> of three, the star eight points instead of ten. It was the first time
> that I have ever seen such a group and am glad we have the ideals that
> we do for we were ill treated because we were "SCA". We handled
> ourselves with honor and dignity. We were a small contingent, just three
> and made a quiet retreat when the rest of their group got there. Mother
> nature exacted her revenge for us, their demo was rained out.;) Has
> anyone else run up against them at a demo before?

Actually there are three groups of the ECS around the Dallas area. One in Dallas,
one in Denton, and one in Commerce. From the dealings with some of the members of
our group they have been very friendly. In fact one of the ladies from our Shire,
HL Euphemia, has made most of the garb for the Commerce group. I haven't met any
of them personally but many members of Black Oak Keep have a very good working
relationship with them. The core of the Dallas group are current SCA'ers as well.

I think perhaps you may have run into a bad group. Not unlike some people's first
encounter with some SCA groups that have been discussed in the past.

Yers,

Gunthar