ANST - If a tree falls in the woods?

joelight joelight at lx.net
Mon Oct 13 16:01:39 PDT 1997

Okay, here's my nickel...

I live in a medium size group that is the fartherest west you can go in
Ansteorra without being an Outlander.  I have played here for 15 years and
been in from the beginning of both Bonwicke and Blacklake.  I can remember,
not months, but years when we didn't get a visit from outside the Region.
But, you know what, WE STILL HAVE A GOOD TIME!  We have become a family.  We
support each other, travel to one another's event, and toot each other horns
every chance we get.  I read "if a tree falls..."  It could have been a
verbatim description of Western Sentinel held two weekends ago.  We had only
one outside our Region to come.  But, you know what, WE STILL HAD A GOOD
TIME.  Many of us have learned to adopt the attitude that it is quality and
not quantity that makes an event.  It doesn't matter who hosts the event,
you will find people from all our groups helping with all the activities.
And you know what, you really should come and see us sometime, you might
HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Ulrica