ANST - Has the Population Grown

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Tue Oct 14 04:23:26 PDT 1997

Paul Mitchell wrote:

> Galen here!
 *snip*
> Do _you_ want to live
> in a Principality?  Get moving!  No one's going to do it for you.
> Principalities in Ansteorra will be formed when a group of people
> get together and say "we want to live in a principality, and we're
> prepared to do what it takes to make that happen."  Not before.
>
> Too often in the past it's been, "you guys should form a principality."
>
> - Galen

For a while, *we* were doing just that very thing here in the Western
Region.  Unfortunately, the 'we don't have enough _______' faction and
the 'let's do it' faction fell to arguing so heatedly that we were
ripping the solidarity of the region in two.  It reminds me of the
family that argues so much over who hosts Thanksgiving dinner that they
end up not having a family dinner at all.  In short, trying to become a
principality succeded in assuring we would not become a principality.
So now, we just promote and work on the region for the sake of the
region.  We have regional events because we want to.  We like each
other.  We are a family....but it only seems to work that way when it
isn't formalized.

We will worry over the P-word later.

Ghia

--