ANST - Has the Population Grown

Mike & Tiffany Geisendorff Crator at iglobal.net
Tue Oct 14 22:36:53 PDT 1997

At 08:23 PM 10/14/97 +0900, you wrote:
>For a while, *we* were doing just that very thing here in the Western
>Region.  Unfortunately, the 'we don't have enough _______' faction and
>the 'let's do it' faction fell to arguing so heatedly that we were
>ripping the solidarity of the region in two  .<snip>
>
>Ghia

The Western Region has always been a very tight knit group in general.  We
have always traveled and attended each others local/regional events, demos,
and other functions. (Afterall, for many of us to travel to another region
means least 5 hrs and traveling within the region means at least a 2 hrs.)
We have been a family and hopefully will always be that way.  It was the
idea of _staying together_ in the event of our glorious Kingdom growing into
principalities that spurred the idea.
I personally believe that the idea was good, but maybe a little ahead of its
time (but arguing is not always bad, most relationships have them to grow).
I don't believe that it affected our region's solidarity, but lead to a
great many questions being asked about our readiness as a region for such a
large undertaking.  It made us more aware of are weaknesses and strong
points as a region.  It allowed us to evaluate ourselves: population, peers,
who we are ...  By doing so, we can now focus on our weaknesses and help our
region/groups grow, even if we never decided to become a "P" (afterall,
everyone wants to be an Ansteorran :-)
Nevertheless, becoming a principality is part of a great challenge to try to
build and enlarge the Known World and can show just how far our wonderful
Ansteorra has grown and flourished.

Brita MacGregor
        Squire to Duke Inman
        Blacklake, ANSTEORRA