ANST - group names

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 00:50:03 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-10-15 00:05:26 EDT  Garth writes:

>> I do believe Stargate was named for its proximity to NASA.
>>
>> meadhbh
>>
>  That's what I heard from some of the old, old-timers like Tostig and
>such. However, if my map is correct it seems like the Loch has a better
>claim on the Stargate.

     Yes -this is true- but in the early days, the Stargate Barony was HUGE
and included the NASA district- the Loch was only a itty bitty canton of
Stargate.  If history hasn't changed, I think Baron Aoden once stated that
the Loch was the only canton to rise to baronial status in the kingdom-
however this may not still be true.  Loch Sollier is Celtic for Clear Lake,
the home and residence of  Douvarcue ( I'm not sure of this spelling - help
me Aoden), the last of the North American Loch Monsters, sighted only last
week by two members of the Loch after consuming a bottle of Glenlivet.

 Baron Bors of Lothian