ANST - ECS ?! Empire of Chivalry and Steel

Don Wilkinson almar_b at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 06:10:46 PDT 1997

I live in Grand Prairie and have several friends who used to play SCA
and now play ECS in Denton.  They enjoy it.  I work with alot of
Ampgaurd <sp?> people.  There seems to be alot of animousity between
these groups.  I started getting flack that "oh your one of them!".  I
told them that the SCA is my dream and is what I want to do and Ampgaurd
and/or ESC is the answer to their dreams.  It is there dream and I am
not going to dog them for their dreams.  Just because I may not like the
way they do their thing does'nt mean its wrong or uncool.  It seems to
have lessened the crap alot.  We can now actually talk and share stories
now about the various groups and what happens at each others events.
   Anyway got off on a tangent, My friends who are in ECS say they enjoy
the "freedom" of the ECS.  I personally do not know a great deal about
it, other than.....It is on a point system,   You must get so many
points to become a knight.  Too each his own!!!  Just my 2 pennies
worth.
 Almar