ANST - Systems was ECS

ches ches at io.com
Wed Oct 15 11:53:16 PDT 1997

Very interesting! New topic!

What kind of theoretical system would you all come up with?

What, if you could write one up, would you say is the system today vs.
what it was 15 years ago?

----------
: From: Michael F. Gunter <mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com>
: To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
: Subject: ANST - ECS ?! Empire of Chivalry and Steel
: Date: Wednesday, October 15, 1997 11:01 AM
:
: >    Anyway got off on a tangent, My friends who are in ECS say they
enjoy
: > the "freedom" of the ECS.  I personally do not know a great deal
about
: > it, other than.....It is on a point system,   You must get so many
: > points to become a knight.  Too each his own!!!  Just my 2 pennies
: > worth.
:
: I'm not too sure I mind this either. One of the ongoing battles in
the
: SCA is "just what ARE the standards that the Peerages want?". Almost
: everybody who gets into a Medieval organization wants to be a Knight.
Well
: this has a standard that everybody who strives for that title has a
real
: chance of making it. And when someone recieves the accolade everyone
knows
: why.  Evidently the point system is not easy.  Master Robin once said
that
: he didn't want the SCA to become the "Boy Scout Merit Badge System"
where
: the awards are only given if you fill in the blanks. My comment back
to him
: was "Well, Dukes are respected and there's only one way to get that."
: Just some more gas on the campfire.
:
: >  Almar
: