ANST - group names

KiheBard at aol.com KiheBard at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 05:38:34 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-10-15 07:19:51 EDT, Ghia (?) wrote:

> "Adlersrhue"
>  actually means.  I grew up there, and no-one ever seemed to know....

While I may have missed any expansion or correction, I believe you will find
that instead of "eagle's nest" that this name translates from German more
accurately as "eagle's PEACE".  IIRC, isn't there a prominent facility
associated or previously associated with promoting strategic (modern)
peace [as part of the M.A.D. doctrine] within / very near the boundaries
of said place? <gryn>

(Two years of HS Deutsch classes and a love for certain carols of
the Christmastide season occasionally stand me in good stead...
"Schlaef in Himmlischer Ruehe" = "Sleep in Heavenly Peace")

Amra / Kihe / Mike
F.O.B.