ANST - Kids

joelight joelight at lx.net
Mon Oct 20 19:56:47 PDT 1997

Just for grins...who else has stories about our SCA kids?  I have a favorite.  When Master Cadwallader's daughter was in about the third grade, they were walking in a line down the hall.  Several teachers were standing and discussing their units on the Middle Ages and one mentioned the word "Saxon."  Tonya immediately said, "Saxons?  PPPHHTTTOOEY!"  Then she spits in the floor and keeps right on walking.  I was there to pick up my son...it was great seeing Lady Rowena try to explain that one!

One of my other favorites involves the same young darling and my son.  We had bear pit wrestling at the Children's event some years ago.  They laid out a tarp and the object was to push the other one off.  Unfortunately, our two had been watching WWF.  We looked up to see a fist flying, hair pulling, teeth barred, screaming, bloody free for all.  It took several minutes to get enough of us to stop laughing long enough to pull them apart.  Best part was...Tonya was winning!    Now...it's pretty funny.  Then....it was hilarious!