ANST - Three Kings

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Wed Oct 22 11:43:39 PDT 1997

On 10/22/97, at 11:33 AM, "no one of consequence" wrote:
<snip>
>Shameful!  Just shameful!  I've even heard that that awful Warwick
>fellow, the one they call WARWICK THE KINGMAKER, is even _paying_
>his elite band of 20 a generous ration of chicken and beer, and
>offering a fine dagger to be given by a vote of his troops to the
>one of his fellows they decide is most worthy.  Even if the Earl
>is killed, he's arranged for his vile henchman, Sir Galen of Bristol,
>to distribute the booty when the fighting is done.
>
>Ha!  But he hasn't recruited anything like 20 yet!  No doubt the
>people's loyalty to the Lancastrian cause will empower them to
>pass by such temptation, and spurn his offers of largesse and
>glory.
>
>- no one of consequence
>pmitchel at flash.net

'Tis true that the traitors may have erred in trying to recruit an army in
Towton, lands traditionally loyal to Lancaster and King Henry.  We loyal
and brave souls can only hope this is their undoing.  Alas, the forces of
York are well financed from abroad, and mercenaries (though necessary) are
loyal only to the larger purse.  I fear that many mercenaries will be drawn
to the Earl of Warwick by his generous offers of largesse and presumptuous
glory.  Perhaps his cousin and ally Duke Edward (I cannot call him "king")
will find need of mercenaries that drain his purse as well.  A mighty
battle is brewing, and Lancaster's Red Rose is threatened by the thorns of
York's White Rose.

To Arms, good people!  March to the fields of Towton and let these traitors
feel the full fury of Lancaster's might!

Herr Talen, scribe to the Duke of Buckingham