ANST - Re: Some SCA History...

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Oct 24 06:47:36 PDT 1997

> I got the date from the Ansteorra - Decade of Dreams booklet produced for
> Ansteorra's 21 Coronation celebrating Ansteorra's 10 birthday.  I am not
> sure what the status of the group was if it was active before June 1976.
> If you find out a different founding date, I would love to hear about it so
> we can get the record straight.
>

> In Service to the Dream
>
> Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
> Kingdom of Ansteorra

As the main researcher for the Decade of Dreams handbook I can tell you that
we mainly used old Black Stars and Tournaments Illuminated issues as well as
some real old Kingdom Seneschal's records to find the events and dates. Without
going to my sources I can say that the first events of Bjornsborg were listed
as 1976. The group could have had another name or not even been accounted as a
formal group when Tivar went there.

Remember when TI would have reports of groups from around the Knowne World?
I have an old TI reporting on a Yule Revel held in the Steppes. It mentions that
there were visitors from far-off Stargate.

Yers,

Gunthar