ANST - "Vivat" for Lord Timo...(kinda' long)

Stacy Dickey vanora at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:22:38 PST 1997

Greetings to all from Lady Vanora.
 I have some unfinished business from the Bryn Gwlad event, this past
weekend. I was given the chance to speak my mind in court on the honour
and heroic deeds of Lord Timo, but I was so awe-struck by his words he
spoke of me, that I feel I wasn't near to sufficient in MY words on HIM.
Please, Timo and all others, hear me now.

 Timo, you are a truely noble man and you did me great honour in the
words you spoke of me. I olny wish I hadn't been so nervous so I could
have REALLY told all what a brave man you are, though so many are
already aware.
 I have heard so many speak highly of you, even from HRM, Stromek of
Trimaris (yes Pendaran, I know... "Death to Trimaris!"). All who are
near you see your skill and bravery on the field, and those who do not
witness your acts on the field know you for your friendship and
kindness. We see you put your heart into all that you do, on the field
and off, while you never seem to have to prove yourself. You are looked
up to for those reasons and more.
 Now, in court on Saturday, our topic was heroic acts. Timo, I can't
begin to tell you how many times I've witnessed or heard of you being
brave... be it in the Mighty Armies of Ansteorra at Gulf Wars VI or
standing alone with one opponent in a tournament. In the melees on
Saturday, it was YOU who stood alone (for what must have seemed like
eons) between our two "enemy teams". I was there only after it was
pointed out to me that you were still alive and where you were. It was
YOU who called the commands after I arrived at your side. I was YOU who
lead me into battle with such odds. And it was YOU who dove into the
enemy lines to kill all that you could, ending in a gallant death. YOU
set the example on the field... I followed.
 You and I spoke about this and I know you were pretty much insistent to
His Excellency, Pendaran, that I be awarded with the axe named "Hero's
Song" (in memory of Ragnar). See, there you go, again... being noble!!!
Thank you, my friend, you are all too kind.
 You honoured me in the words you spoke, you represent your lady and
knight in an outstanding fashion, and I believe our kingdom is enhanced
by you and others like you. Know that I will always be proud to call you
my friend and honoured to fight at your side again, or against you... if
you prefer.
 Timo, thank you!
*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
 Good gentles, thank you for reading this. I feel much better now that I
have made my thoughts on our hero, Timo, known.

"Vivat" Timo!            "Vivat" Ragnar!

 In Service to the Dream... the dream of heroics, honour, chivalry,
love, and especially the love of WAR!!!! :)

~Lady Vanora Villon de Paris~
esquire to Viscount Galen of Bristol,
lady to Sir Corwin von Xanten,
Teutonic Order of the Dragon- Atlantia,