ANST - A Very Special Thanks

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Mon Oct 27 12:59:35 PST 1997

Greetings Friends,

Following such an auspicious weekend, there are many people that
Jehanne and I must thank for all that they did to make things happen.

First and foremost, the event steward, Lady Magdelena. When Magdelena
first put in a bid for the Fall event, it was merely to be a small
harvest festival. She figured attendance at maybe 150 people. Little
did Magdelena know that there would be a baronial investiture, four
peerages, a Laurel's circle and so on. Although the event mushroomed
into a major kingdom wide event, Magdelena - a first time steward-
stayed on top of things and did a great job. Thank you, Magdelena!!

To Tivar and Tuh Tahl and Claire for running the rapier and chivalric
lists and the A&S pentathlon. Everyone who took part in these events
had an absolutely fantastic time. We heard nothing but good things,
saw the smiles on everyone's faces and took delight in the joy of the
participants. Thank you Tivar, Tuh Tahl and Claire!!

To Theresa for the fantastic feast that she prepared. It was
delicious, filling and timely. Its no wonder that so many people in
the barony sent in award recommendations for a Sable Thistle for your
cooking! We heard naught but praise for the feast. Thank you,
Theresa!

To Angus and clan Go Braugh (sorry if I misspelled that) for heralding
and announcements. Its rare that we get a laugh out of our wake up
calls in the morning but you served your office with wit and good
humor. You kept everyone informed and ran many an errand. Thank you,
Angus and Clan Go Braugh!!

To Zahara for the wonderful site decorations. We know how long Zahara
labored to make decorations for the field, gate guard, court area and
other areas. A beautiful site was made more beautiful still because of
your hard work and the work of those whom you enlisted. Thank you,
Zahara!!

To Conor for water bearing, and everything else under the sun. :)
Conor helped people put up tents, ran errands, fed people breakfast,
tear down, pack up; you name it and Conor was there doing it. The
event was all the better for your being there. Thank you, Conor!!

To all of the people who served as entourage for us, Galla, Kate,
Ariella, Cecily, Brian and Angus (I hope that I didn't leave anyone
out!): You all are far more experienced at helping royalty and
nobility than we are at being nobility and we thank you for being
there and helping and keeping us from looking foolish in court! For
all of you, thank you!!

To Sir Galen and Don Etienne for heralding for us at the last moment.
Sadly, our herald had to work this last weekend and we had to find
other to take his place. As we were somewhat harried, we waited until
the last minute to find heralds. Galen gallantly heralded our first
two courts (we will always be proud to say that Galen heralded our
first court!) and Etienne our third. We thank both of you very much
for lending you voices, your dignity and your presence to our courts.
Thank you, Galen and Etienne!!

To Aquilanne, Ariella and Ari (I know that I misspelled that one!) for
your wonderful works of art. Aquilanne created the prize for the
chivalric list and Ariella the prize for the rapier list. Ari created
our baronial scrolls. They were all wonderful works of art and you are
wonderful ladies all. Thank you!!

To everyone in Bryn Gwlad who worked before, during and after the
event to make it all happen. Over and over again, people came to us
and told us that they had a wonderful time, and our hearts swelled
with pride for our barony. Bryn Gwlad is a wondrous place and we can
only hope to do it justice as baron and baroness. We wish that we
could thank all of you by name but neither our memories nor our typing
skills up to the task. :) Thank you all very much!!

Finally, to everyone who attended and helped make Bryn Gwlad's Harvest
Festival such a wonderful event: All of the fighters, artists and
friends who traveled to Bryn Gwlad to lend your talents and your
spirits to the event and made it such a wonderful time. We received
many wonderful gifts this weekend, but none were so dear as the smiles
and presence of so many wonderful friends. We will treasure the
memories of our investiture so long as we may live, and revel in the