ANST - An invitation to Bryn Gwlad

eric mauer eric.mauer-next at attws.com
Wed Oct 1 09:38:17 PDT 1997

As a followup to Don Tivar's recent announcement, here's more
information on the Chivalric lists at Bryn Gwlad's Fall Harvest
Festival and Baronial Faire. (October 24-26th)

There will be THREE tournaments, designed to test the versatility
of the fighters, with individual prizes for each. There also will be
a Baronial Champion chosen by our new Baron and Baroness. The
tourney schedule is:

starting 9:30 AM, with break for Morning Court if needed;

Traditional Tourney:
Show your skill with a range of arms! This will be run as a Swiss
Five, with a declared weapons form for each round (single sword,
greatsword, two weapon, polearm, sword and shield). Elimination
rounds, if needed, will be combatants choice.

immmediatly afterword;

Warlord Melee:
Show your abilities as a unit commander! This will be a  snowball
melee with a twist-Belted Chivalry will have a first round bye,
since their fighting skills should be equal to any TWO unbelted
fighters.

and after the lunch break, wherein we will all partake of Lady
Teresa'a excellent feast, the soon to be infamous;

Barbarian Tourney:
Skill with matched weapons is all well and good, but the REAL
middle ages are a Barbaric place, and sometimes you just have to
make do.  You can brag later that you bested the kindoms finest with
only a dagger! Weapons will be randomly drawn, and the odds are
they won't match. The tourney will be a timed bear pit, with the
fighters with the most kills going on to the final elimination
rounds.

after which we will retire to the civilized world of Evening Court,
and then to the Tavern, for the tasty local brew.

Come join us! Bring ALL your weapons, and finally get a chance to
USE them!

Lord Alaric Styrr
(called TuhTahl)
Khanate Dancing Tyger
Dark Horde Moritu

(who's running THIS part of the circus <grin>)