ANST - Join us at The Festival of St. Ologardio the Gruesome

cward at awd.com cward at awd.com
Wed Oct 1 12:42:15 PDT 1997

The Barony of Bjornsborg invites you to join us on October 10-12, 1997, at
Whitewater Sports for a weekend of revelry in honor of :

			The Festival of St. Ologardio the Gruesome

Come join our revelry when we gather to honor St. Ologardio, whose visage
was so loathsome that he went masked so as not to frighten God's creatures
while he performed good deeds.

Daytime activities include challenge fields on the Village Common for
Rapier and Chivalric combat, archery, dancing, gaming & wagering, mask
decoration, gourd carving (bring your own!), and shopping!

Please be wary of gypsies, highwaymen & footpads, for a festival attracts
all kinds. Due to the dangers, the Baroness will be selecting guards from
among the day's most impressive combatants to accompany her and her evening
entourage.

The nobles and peers of our good village are requesting that artisans bring
fine examples of their work. Commissions may be granted to those who create
items that best fill their requests (See Notes & Challenges in the Black
Star for details).  Several potential patrons are seeking artisans in order
to sponsor their work, or to commission future works.  Some patrons have
announced that they are seeking stained glass, weaving, costuming,
coronet-jewellery-work, and others, but even if your art is not listed you
should bring your crafts as there may be nobles present who will decide to
become patrons based on the excellence of your display.  The performing
arts are not to be left out either: Mistress Gunnora is seeking a new
household skald and will hear auditions of works based on the theme "Heroic
Last Stands."

Revelers are invited to bring their own feast and table to the village
commons. The Barony will provide a sumptuous sideboard of sweet delights
for your enjoyment, of which you may freely partake. Tea and water will
also be provided.

Nightfall heralds an evening of dancing, gaming, and sundry vagaries. With
masks to obscure our true identities, peer and non-peer alike may celebrate
with wild abandon.

We most heartily welcome merchants to set up shop to display their period
wares in the Town Square. And what is a town without a tavern? Tavern
owners and barkeeps are welcome, and are encouraged to come and quench the
thirst and fill the bellies of our revelers!

Pets are allowed on site with official (written) proof of vaccination.
Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian, with notarized
waiver. Parents are expected to vigilantly attend their children, for who
knows what gypsies may happen by. . .

All gentles are urged to consult site maps to locate areas reserved for
drumming, merchants, the list, and parking.

The site is discreetly wet. Ground fires are permitted. Site is primitive
with showers available. Gate fee is $10.00. The site will open at 6 p.m.
Friday and close at 1:00 p.m. Sunday. A map to the site will be included in
the October issue of the Blackstar.   There is a MS Word ver. 6.0c document
attached to this note which contains a map to the site.

Basic directions are as follows:

Take your best route to I-35 just north of New Braunfels.  You will need to
take FM 306, which is also known as the Canyon Lake Exit (Exit #191) and go
North 13 miles.  White Water Sports is on the right and has a bill-board
sized sign marking the entrance.  The camp entrance is just before you
cross the Guadalupe River.

Steward:
Eleanore
C/O Jessica White, 4335 Vance Jackson #106 San Antonio, Texas, 78228,
1-800-609-4973