ANST - Award recommendation issues..

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Fri Oct 10 13:30:25 PDT 1997

At 12:00 PM 10/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Lorraine wrote:
>> Forgot about local non-armigerous.  There are a few smaller groups
>> who have them too.
>
>According to Corpora, groups without ruling nobles aren't allowed
>to give "awards".  This is the same Corpora that says only the
>Crown can give armigerous awards, and see how we obey *that*.
>See previous message about "The Crown doesn't give a pile of toasted
>moose doots ...".  You can look at them as just group appreciation
>tokens -- nothing wrong with giving free recognition.
>
>About baron/esses giving their armigerous branch service awards,
>>> the Crown graciously assents to the choices of the baron/ess.
>> I believe it is actually written in law somewhere.
>
>Last kingdom law I saw didn't have it.

Kingdom Law and Corpora grant the right to establish and give any
armigerous awards only to the Crown.  The Crown can delegate the power to
hand out awards in it's name the same way it can grant other portions of
its power as needed (example; due to very bad weather neither the Crown nor
the Heirs were able to get to Wiesenfeuer's baronial creation, so it
delegated the power to Duke Mikael in its absence).  The custom in the
Kingdom of Ansteorra is that Barons and Baronesses are used to give out
awards grant level and below when the crown can't be there in person.  The
official baronial award is by law only able to be given out with the
approval of the Crown.  The custom is however that the crown grants the
privilege to the Baron/ees to give out the official baronial award without
consulting with them first.  Not every Crown has allowed this however, it
is something that can change from one reign to another.  Anyone can make up
an award Shire, Household, ever several different Baronial awards but they
are not recognized by or announced in the Court of the Crown of Ansteorra.
This is how some shires have local awards that are only recognized in the
shire.

>Daniel de Lincoln
>--
>Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com