ANST - (DRAFT) Kingdom Law

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Oct 14 09:44:37 PDT 1997

At 11:01 AM 10/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 10:34 AM 10/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>You could restrict it to sanctioned event, so they can't do it at dennys or
>>something
>>and little will really change about how awards are usually given out, but
>>why remove
>>the flexibily for unique occasions for no reason?
>>
>>c-
>
>The problem cropped up that a crown gave awards on the spur of the moment
>with no herald around to record them. There was thus no official record of
>the awards so they did not appear in the Ansteorran OP, nor did the
>recipients receive their scrolls. This is done to insure that the proper
>records are kept, not to limit awards by the crown.
>Alan

Ok, Lets see if I can clear this up once and for all.  The reason for the
restrictions is ...it is in Corpora.  I have listed below the appropreate
section of corpora.

II. SOCIETY EVENTS

    A. SOCIETY EVENTS DEFINED. The term "Society event" refers to
tournaments, feasts, and other activities whereby
    participants can display the results of their researches into period
culture and technology in an environment which
    evokes the atmosphere of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. It also
refers to educational activities involving either
    one-time classes or ongoing university organizations, and meetings
where participants share skills or discuss the
    business of the group. All Society events must be sponsored by branches
of the Society, registered with the Seneschal of
    the sponsoring branch and publicized at least to the membership of that
branch, and conducted according to Society
    rules.

    B. BUSINESS REQUIRING PRIOR ANNOUNCEMENT. Formal actions and
announcements with long-term impact on
    the Society may occur only at Society events for which the date, time
and place have been published in advance in the
    appropriate kingdom newsletter. This includes Crown and Coronet Lists,
Coronations and Investitures, appointment of
    officers, presentation of awards and titles, and proclamation of law
and of the establishment or advancement of
    branches. However, deputy officers and officers below principality
level need not be appointed at published events.

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Deputy Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra
mka Burke McCrory
email:  burkemc at ionet.net