ANST - ECS ?! Empire of Chivalry and Steel

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Thu Oct 16 00:40:25 PDT 1997

> I started getting flack that "oh your one of them!".  I told them
> that the SCA is my dream and is what I want to do and Ampgaurd
> and/or ESC is the answer to their dreams.  It is their dream and I
> am not going to dog them for their dreams.  Just because I may not
> like the way they do their thing doesn't mean its wrong or uncool.
> It seems to have lessened the crap alot.  We can now actually
> talk and share stories

Well done! Here in Austin we have developed a congenial working
relationship with Amptgard and the High Fantasy Society and we
actually cooperate on projects together. At the the same time, we all
know that if someone goes to the other's event, they must abide by
the hosting group's rules and conventions. We have learned to
respect each other's turf but still play nice and respect each
other.

Anything else seems a bit like the Dr. Seuss story of the Star Belly
Sneeches...

Don Doré