ANST - Butterfly Hunt

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Sat Oct 18 16:36:08 PDT 1997

At 11:08 PM 10/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]

Because it made a good (and humorous) excuse for a war. The Black Star was
full of accusations and counter-accusations for *months* before the actual
event.

To add to the complications, Sir Jan, who was Baron of Bjornsborg, won
Crown shortly after the War was declared, and he was king when the war
actually happened. Bjornsborg was being ruled solely by Baroness Alexandra
(who was *not* his queen) for the duration. Thus the "Butterfly Hunt"; at
opening court the morning of the war, Jan asked why all these people in
armor were running around, and Bjorn and Alexandra explained that they were
merely "hunting butterflies" and "gathering wildflowers" with a few
retainers along to help.

	-Tivar Moondragon