ANST - Crown finals

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Oct 20 07:38:22 PDT 1997

It was mentioned that Count Jean-Richard and myself fought in the finals
but Sir Barn Silveraxe was also part of the round-robin.

Sir Barn fought with skill, desire, and extreme grace.

In his last fight I had the good fortune to take his leg. I asked him to
yield, stating that this was Crown and I would fight him with all I had if
he didn't. Still, Sir Barn declined. Thinking it over I then dropped to my
knees even though he was asking me not to. At my small act of chivalry,
where he still stood a good chance of victory. He yielded. I know how that
act broke his heart.

To Sir Barn. Your actions upon the field of honor proclaim more than any
rank or title you wear. It is actions like this which show why the term
"knight" is held in such high esteem.

I thank you for the honor you gave me and the honor you gave Ansteorra.

Your Brother,

Gunthar Jonsson