ANST - Kids

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Mon Oct 20 22:11:03 PDT 1997

well, my darling dtr, who is 1/4 japanese of sumarai blood,
sat thru braveheart's bloodiest scenes yelling for them to
lop of more heads.....I just slid a little further down in
my seat trying to pretend I did not know her.

Her brother in Social Studies class studying the Norman
Conquest, raised his hand to correct the teacher when she
refered to William the Conqueror he corrected her and said
he was known as Duke William to some and William the Bastard
to others....I had to collect him at the office.

Then there was the time he was given the task to write a
paper on ''gods and goddess' ''  none were specifically
given, so he wrote about the Goddess Danu and the Tuatha de
Danaan.  His teacher went ballistic, had a fit, 'why this
are pagan goddess.  ''Well yes, they are, btw, do _you_ know
what pagan means?''  the teacher had apparently wanted
something on either greek or roman gods/goddess'.  My son
calmly explained that he was neither Greek nor Italian but
Saxon, Welsh and German.  At that point the teacher was
confused and upset, she then told him ''that, that, that,
they are so uncivilized."' My 12 yr old replied, ''define
civilized please.""  I again had to go collect him in the
office.    I had to explain both times that we belonged to a
medieval reenactment group.....sigh....