ANST - Re: Some SCA History...

Burke McCrory burkemc at ionet.net
Tue Oct 21 20:05:35 PDT 1997

At 01:55 PM 10/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi !
>
>        I need some help. What I need to know is the first four or five
>baronial level groups (read Barony or Province) of each kingdom. What I've
>got I list below. Anyone who can provide more info would greatly endear
>themselves to me. Dates would be great too. Also, as this is the only SCA
>list I'm on, if someone could forward this to other SCA lists, I'd greatly
>appreciate it.
>
>East: Ostgardr, Carolingia, Beyond the Mtn., Bhakail, Bridge
>AEthelmearc: Debateable Lands, Thescorre, Rydderich Hael, ?
>Trimaris: Wyvernwood, An Crosaire, Darkwater
>Middle: Tree Girt Sea, Northwoods, Middle Marches, ?, ?
>An Tir: Madrone, Three Mountains, Lion's Gate, Adiantum
>Atenveldt: Atenveldt, Tir Ysgirth, Sun Dragon, Mons Tonitrus, Twin Moons,
>Meridies: Iron Mountain, Axemoor, South Downs, ?
>Outlands: Caerthe, al-Barran, Dragonspire, Southern Pass
>Artemesia: Loch Salann, One Thousand Eyes, Sentinel's Keep, Arn Hold
>West, Ansteorra, Caid, Calontir, Drachenwald, Atlantia: ????
>
>I'm also uncertain on what to consider Myrkfaelinn in particualar, shire or
>barony level. While I don't want to start a huge discussion, someone tell me
>if it has the population base of a baronial size group and if it is commonly
>considered on a level with Baronies and Provinces. My impression was that it
>is, but I'd like to hear from some of the Dominions own residents.
>
>Thanks y'all,
>Jeff Carnegie / Fionn MacAilein
>fionn at nwlink.com

Ansteorra would be;

Stargate (Houston, Tx) Founded August 1972  Baronial August 1972
Steppes (Dallas, Tx) Founded March 1973  Baronial August 1975
Bjornsborg (San Antonio, Tx) Founded June 1976  Baronial November 1972
Bordermarch (Beaumont/Port Arthur, Tx) Founded Febuary 1977  Baronial
September 1977
Bryn Gwlad (Austin, Tx) Founded November 1976  Baronial  May 1979
Namron (Norman, Ok) Founded Febuary 1977  Baronial November 1979

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Deputy Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra
E-Mail: burkemc at ionet.net