ANST - Honors at Bryn Gwlad Baronial

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Mon Oct 27 07:14:20 PST 1997

.Hi there,

Sorry, but some corrections are in order. :)

Baron and Baroness Pendaran and Jehanne's Court -
Morning-
Rising Star -Robert Moondragon
Rising Star - Geoffrey (Johann and Erika's son
Muse - Pug (No, sorry. Suvdchin of the Moritu received a Muse, our
barony's A&S award.)
Golden Marlet - Cecily Garland
Court Barony - Master Jeremy James Scurlock (Of course, this occurred
in Their Majesties' court, not ours.)

Evening Court -
Several A.O.A.'s
A.O.A. - Johnathn Brumley (of the Music Guild)
Sable Thistles;
Tabitha the Baker - (While Tabitha is certainly well on her way to
earning such an award, she has not yet received a Sable Thistle.)
Theresa of Bryn Gwlad received a Thistle in cooking.
Goldwyn of Priestcastle - Music
Caladin - Leatherworking
-----
Sable Crane - Angus McTaggert (virtual scribe)
Order of the Iris of Merit - Samuel Piper (YEah!!HurraH!!!!)
Order of the Star of Merit - Don Savien Dore'
Order of the Star of Merit - Gwenllian ferch Maredudd

There were other awards given out, but as I said, I am doing this from
memory after only one cup of coffee.  Please forgive any mistakes or
misspellings.
Sir Keif was asked to be the Chivalric Champion of Bryn Gwlad and Ld.
Piet Rausch became the Rapier Champion.  Baron Pendaron gave an axe to
the fighter that performed the most heroic act on the Chivalric field.
 He was unable to decide between Lord Timo and Lady Vannora (of
Elfsea!).  They were both asked to explain to the court why the other
person should recieve the axe.  Lord Timo convinced His Excellency to
give the axe to Lady Vannora based on her valiant fighting against
overwhelming odds, because "that's what Heroes do".

The whole event was awesome - the weather on Saturday; the fighting
both Duello and Chivlaric; the courts with the music and the
entertainment; the feast for the Landed nobles, the Champions of Bryn
Gwlad, the past Barons and Baronesses of Bryn Gwlad, and the Crown;
the A & S Pentathalon, the Bardic Fire, the revelling.

The Pentathalon was a Hoot!! All of the contestants had a blast.
 There were excellent teachers.  Those of us who were in the Dance
class willl never be the same - "IN, OUT,IN, OUT......"

A special Thanks to Master Thomas of Tenby, Lion of Ansteorra, for
Teaching the Performance class and sharing his favorite stories with
us.

Indeed, there are many more details which flood my mind and would
share, but I must go to my studies.  This event made me proud to be
from Bryn Gwlad and Elfsea, but most of all, to be an Ansteorran.

Baroness Zara Zina Theanos

"Go Byzantine."
"Keep your kids off artificial colors."
"Life is Good in Elfsea."