ANST - ANST- Ladies Chest Protection

Vanora Villon vanora at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:18:03 PST 1997

Greetings Lady V. and Ansteorra in general,
   While being hit in the chest area does not cause cancer, nor may
there be "long term" harm the rule about leather on female chest wasn't
put there to annoy women.  On the contrary, it was put there for a
reason.  There may be quite a few ladies who are not overly hampered by
extraneous appendage in the upper chest, however for some of our more
generously endowed ladies, if they aren't sufficiently forwarned, they
may possibly lose a nipple to a pinch tween stick and kidney belt.

Guess what... it has happened to men. For goodness sake, a dear male
friend of mine fights with a pierced nipple (my squire-brother, too).
<snip>
we also have a rep for fighting
hardest(rhino mean anything to anyone on this list?).

Actually, I was just speaking to my exboyfriend, Duke Solemon of
Trimaris, last night. He said that -hands down- Atlantia fights and hits
the hardest. I know he's probably right... I originated in Atlantia.
They're bruts!

Not all of our
fighters are this way of course but for the safety of our women folk,
chest leather isn't that big a deal.
   As for dropping the one or creating the other, why should men be
forced to wear a protective device for something they dont have.

Because when it comes down to it, men's pecs aren't anotomically
different from women's breasts. Medical fact: men, too, can lactate!

Honestly, I'm not sure I like the idea of groin gaurds for women, but I
also haven't heard of alot of groin shots to women either.

Thanks to Lord Airaklee Wolf (a lefty florintine fighter with lotsa'
UMPH), I have been groin-shotted MANY times. It happens, no big deal,
life goes on.

  I never
recieved one, nor had I heard of one the year I fought. I could be wrong
however, its been known to happen..:)

Yes ma'am, I understand..and also understand this, I don't fight
anymore.  I couldn't deal with the continual bruising, or the blood
clots that formed as a result so my opinion may not be worth much in
this area.

Rachel Shepard
Most recently in lovely
Mooneschadowe

Thanks for the responce!

~Lady Vanora~

(:"When life hands you lemons... stuff them in your bra!" :)