ANST - Ladies Chest Protection

Vanora Villon vanora at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:32:38 PST 1997

>This was discussed at length at Crown by a group of lady fighters and
>the
>Earl Marshal and later in the Belted Circle.

Actually, it was at Namron Protectorate. I was one of the ladies there
along with Mistress Stella, Lady Elizabeth, Lady Gunhilda, HL Trechen,
Sir Cyf, and another lady who's name I can't recall... with Karl, the
Earl Marshal (and a few passers who leaned in upon hearing the word
"breast").
As I was told, the subject hardly came-up in the circle. Can you say
what happend?

>There will be a change in the Ansteorran standard coming very soon.

Yippie!

>Check with the Earl Marshal to get
>the exact wording.

Actually, I have been checking in with him and haven't heard anything...
with the understanding that Karl is a busy man. (Just spoke with him
last Saturday).

>We are also looking in to trying to get Corporate to
>make the chest protection optional, but this will take some time and
>require documentation to bring before the Society Marshal and BOD.

One of the reasons why Karl & I told the other ladies it would be smart
to take this one step at a time.

What can I do to help?

>This topic was discussed on several Kingdom lists right after pennsic.
(Blow calibur).It
>was the general censuses of fighters who fight people from different
>Kingdoms all the time that Ansteorra in general take a blow that >falls
in the middle of the SCA.  The Kingdoms that were generally >thought to
require a harder blow were Atlantia and An Tir.  Perhaps >your
experience is not broad enough to have encountered fighters from >the
rest of the SCA.

Actually, I don't know how many people from other kingdoms I've fought.
I know it's Atlantia, Ansteorra, Timaris, Merrides, East, Caid,
Outlands, and not to mention the man who trains me... my knight,
Viscount Galen of Bristol, who ws a prince in over-seas (and my lord,
Sir Corwin, who gives me lots of pointers... having fought in numerous
kingdoms as well). For only doing this all in 2 years, I have an idea of
the general opinion of other kingdom's blows, as well as my own.
 According to Duke Solemon (in Trimaris) and my household lord (in
Atlantia), Atlantia (under Logan's reign) is making effort to ease their
blows... crank it down a knotch or two.

>In Service to the Dream
>
>Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
>Kingdom of Ansteorra
>

>mka. Burke McCrory
>burkemc at ionet.net
tasks.

Thanks for your reply!

In Sevice,

~Lady Vanora Villon de Paris~
esquire to Viscount Galen of Bristol ,
Lady of the household- the Teutonic Order of the Dragon- Atlantia,
Barony of Elfsea/ Ansteorra
<vanora at hotmail.com>

(:"When life hands you lemons... stuff them in your bra!" :)