ANST - re: ANST- Ladies Chest Protection

Alexis drwise at swbell.net
Wed Oct 29 07:38:11 PST 1997

Greetings to everyone from Alexis LaBouche:

On the issue of chest protection I would like to throw in two cents.
For the last eight years or so I have worn a coat of plates that is made
out of denim and aluminum plates.  When dry, the coat weighs about seven
pounds, and being made of denim it breathes very well.  Since I fight
spear alot, it is very reassuring knowing that I have armor from the
hips to the top of the shoulders.  Also, with the vest design, there is
absolutely no loss of mobility.  As a plus, the design is authentic, if
the aluminum is not (I hate rust).  There are several different ways the
plates can be arranged depending on the look you want.  Also, a top
layer of a nice fabric can make for a very attractive piece of armor.  I
have fought in just about every type of armor from chailmail to plate to
cuir bouilli, and you just can beat a good coat of plates.  Another plus
for this type of armor is the relatively low cost, being just fabric
and  a suitable piece of metal (mine was put together with a jig saw and
a sewing machine.
If anyone would like some help on putting together this type of armor,
just let me know and I will do what I can.

Alexis LaBouche