ANST -Ladies Chest Protection

-Jax- jackson2 at apple.com
Wed Oct 29 08:39:51 PST 1997

Tuh Tahl said:
> Although the thought of hitting tender flesh makes ME twitchy, that's MY
>problem, not the ladies.

Amen, brother! This whole subject is making me cringe like an inbred cocker spaniel. To the lady fighters of Ansteorra I have to ask: Are you nuts?!?! Why are you even talking about this? Why would you even consider going out on the field with such a tender part of your anatomy unprotected? Screw a bunch of Œhot and uncomfortable¹, how about Œavoiding severe pain¹?

I have to admit to being a little defensive on this subject; I am a fairly new fighter, and have yet to face a lady on the field, but I once turned a little too quickly, and caught
an old girlfriend right in the subject area with my elbow. The moaning, writhing and carrying on was truly upsetting. The thought that crossed my mind at the time was ³gee, maybe women DO know what it¹s like to get hit in the family jewels.²

I can¹t imagine that any male fighter would be able to take the field against a female opponent with an unprotected chest, and not have similar reservations. Maybe that is a strategic consideration =8-]. But the first time I ever fought, I was told ³feel free to fight hard; your opponent is well armored and shouldn¹t get hurt.² A situation such as the above would sorta mess up this implied agreement, that we all come out on the field in good armor, so we can all focus on fighting well and having fun, without worrying too much about hurting someone.  So, in answer to the Tall One¹s assessment above, it both is and is not my problem.....  Any thoughts on this?

Regards,

-Erik Wulfriksson-
  House of Brick

"Free your mind and your ass will follow."
                         -George Clinton-