ANST -Ladies Chest Protection

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Wed Oct 29 13:09:34 PST 1997

At 02:00 PM 10/29/97 -0500, you wrote:

><<
> Most of our squeamishness as men involves the stricture pounded into us
> as little boys that you *never* hit a girl, no, not ever. But a few slot
> shots to the visor or raised welts on the buttocks will quickly change
> your mind about the helplessness of the so-called "weaker" sex.

I find this agument of hitting like a girl or I don't want to hurt a girl
to be laughable at best.  I started fighting in this game way back in 1979.
 Back then Ansteorra had several ladies that were fighting heavy weapons.
I remember a certain very young lady that was learning to fight at the same
time.  NO ONE EVER accused the future Sir Sif of hitting like a girl!!  I
also never saw anyone tell Mistress Mara, Baroness Gunhilda, or Lady Adhysa
that they shouldn't fight because they were too frail and might get hurt.
In Ansteorra if you don't watch out, some of the worst bruises you will
ever get will have a lady at the other end of the sword.  I look at the
ladies that have archived fame and recognition in Ansteorra, Sir Elzasif
O'Donnell, Sir Rowan Beatrice vom Kampfer, Dame Alisha MacLeod who is also
a Centourion, Centourion Katrionna Heather MacLochlainn,  and Centurion
Treschen von Asselen.  Then look at the ladies who are no less deserving of
honor Baroness Gunhilda, Mistress Stella, Mistress Mara, and Duchess Willow
just to name a few.  I think you will find that in Ansteorra we don't have
any of the "weaker" sex just the fairer sex.

> Ld Guillaume de Troyes
> Shire of Mooneschadowe
> .... >>

In Service to the Dream