ANST - Kingdom Web page badges

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Oct 29 14:51:44 PST 1997

     All right, Pug, I'm not picking on you, promise, but just *where*
did those badges on our kingdom web page come from? Some are just flat
out *wrong*! Seneschal, Earl Marshall, Exchequer, and Chronicler
specifically.

After checking the SCA on-line armorial & ordinary this is what I have
for the registered badges:

    The Seneschal's badge is:  Gules, a key fesswise Or.

          Web page has vert, a key fesswise Or.

    The Earl Marshall's badge: Sable, two swords in saltire Or.

          Web page has Or, two swords in saltire argent.

    The Exchequer's badge: Azure, a pale checky gules and argent
    between six bezants in pale three and three.

          Web page has Vert, a checkerboard & 6 coins all argent.

     The Chronicler's badge: Per pale sable and argent, two quills
     conjoined in pile counterchanged, a chief gules.

          Web page has Or, a black star above and two conjoined quills,
          one gules, one sable below.

     Is there a legitimate reason for these differences? I'm not seeking
blame, mind you, I just want to see the correct badges. So if it's
necessary to replace these badges (please, at least the seneschal's!) go
to:

          www.midrealm.org/midrealm_imaglib?pictoral

it has badge icons available for downloading.

     Estrill
     Mooneschadoweshire