ANST - Join the crew joke

Ghislaine Fontanneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Wed Sep 3 16:56:15 PDT 1997

Mark Wallace wrote:

> Blackfox responding to Gnith:
>
> S'not funny, McGee.
>
> S'not f**king funny at all.
>
> Got it?

Really?  I was amused. And if I hadn't been amused, I would have ignored
it, for we, as intelligent members know, many of these supposed viruses
are hoaxes.  In my time on this list and other lists, many people have
posted warnings about certain e-mail viruses, to be told by others that
'this virus is a hoax,' or 'you can't spread viruses through e-mail.'
With that in mind, what offended you? Surely you knew there was no
danger and so were not in the least bit *worried* when you downloaded
the "dangerous" message.  A realistic looking water pistol is not a
dangerous thing, and if I make you jump and be scared for just two
seconds, that's funny.

And a second note--I would ask that if what you have to say is so
terrible that you must intersperse it with ****, then perhaps you would
be so kind as to not say it at all?  In this and in many kingdoms,
monsier Blackfox, those who do not know you personally will judge you
for your work.  I have never met you, myself, and so from reading
Warthaven and others, I have begun to think of you as a really cool guy
with a great sense of humor.  But if I had never seen warthaven, and
your comments on this listserv were the only legacy you left to this
known world, I and many others would never associate sense of humor with
your name.

Ghia
--
Madame Ghislaine Fontanneau